Best Microwave Ovens in 2017 for Your Kitchen
In this busy world, cooking in gas stove has become tough and time taking where, everyone wants food in thirty minutes. In a generation of technology driven society, gas stoves are getting replaced by microwave ovens which gives you features to cook food in minutes.
Microwave Ovens in India & all over the world are the most efficient and best cooking appliances in home. It is time efficient and cost effective for every user, as price range is from four thousand to more than thirty thousand. The reason why microwave oven has become a household name is due to it’s time efficiency feature for cooking. This appliance is best for those who are very busy and have a very less time to cook. Not only cooking, but you can use it for heating leftover food and beverages.
Nowadays, in market microwave ovens are present in varied range and brands with specific features.
WHAT KIND OF MICROWAVE OVEN YOU NEED IN INDIA?
There are many kinds of microwaves available in the Indian market with many features available in one particular oven. So, it is very important to understand which particular microwave oven is suitable for your need.
Nowadays, microwave oven is not just used for defrost or heat the leftover food but also used for convection, slow-cooking, baking, grilling or browning modes. More than this, microwave ovens are available in many shapes, design and different colours which will suit your kitchen style.
MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE IN MICROWAVE OVEN
In market, there are four major kinds of microwave oven and they are counter-top, microwave-drawers, combination microwave and above range units.
- Counter – Top Microwave Oven- These are compact and portable microwave ovens which are commonly used in every household. Although, this kind of microwave oven takes lot of space but it doesn’t require any laborious connection. Simple plug-in is given in the oven. If you are looking for less expensive oven then, this type of microwave ovens are less costly as compared to other ovens.
- Above – Range Microwave Oven– As the name implies, this type of ovens are mostly placed above the kitchen range. In terms of space and features, above-range microwave ovens are mostly prefered. The speciality of this model is that the units have exhaust fans for ventilation systems and these units gets automatically on; when stove top becomes too hot. These models have multi-speed fans and these units do not need to be vented outside. Depending on the features price varies and it is cheaper as compared to other models.
- Microwave Oven Drawers– These type of ovens are new in the market and they consume less place in the kitchen. Installation is comparatively easy as compared to above-range microwave oven.
- Built-in Microwave Oven– These ovens are hard to install and they require professional to install it.
WHICH FEATURES YOU WANT IN MICROWAVE OVEN
Before you choose a microwave oven, it is important to know what features you want in it. Many microwave ovens have different features such as convection, grilling, browning, and baking. Apart from this, nowadays there are additional features like child-lock, auto-cook, defrost, preheat, timer and many more. Some of the features you must have in your oven are –
- Auto-Cook – If you are busy most of the time, then you must look out for this feature in your microwave oven. You don’t have to do much apart from cutting vegetables, just press the button of the particular dish name and your meal is ready.
- Defrost – When it comes to heat the food kept in refrigerator then let’s say defrost option is your saviour; where you can heat the food and enjoy while eating.
- Preheat – Usually this function is important. If you want to cook some dish which requires the oven to be at certain temperature then, preheating is required. If you buy microwave oven look out for this option.
- Timer – This particular option allows you to set time for cooking. You can specify the timing for cooking according to the requirement.
- Panel Types- There are three types of panel present- Mechanical, Tact dial Type, Feather touch type. Usually for rough use mechanical and tact dial type are preferred. They come in low-end models whereas feather touch comes in high-end models. Feather touch panel adds to the design in your microwave oven which can sense your fingers, just like touch-screen.
- Power Consumption – If you usually cook in microwave and have a big family then look out for such microwave which will be efficient in power consumption. If the voltage is higher, microwave oven is more efficient and quicker.
- Grilling and convection – This particular feature is very important if you are looking for weekends with grilled chicken and baked food.
WHAT TO LOOK IN MICROWAVE OVEN WHILE BUYING ?
- Sensors – This is an important feature present in microwave oven because it adjusts your cooking and avoid overcooking or undercooking. Without monitoring the progress you can preset to cook or defrost or reheat the food.
- Size – If it comes to size look out for a microwave which can adjust in your kitchen space. Usually for medium size family thirty litre microwave oven is preferred whereas for one to two people twenty litre is a right choice.
- Safety and Care – Generally microwave ovens are safe and easy to use, but you must look out for the manual instruction to how to take care of your appliance. Safety is a must before you buy any electronic appliance.
- Warranty – When you buy any electronic appliance it is important to look out for warranty period. Usually warranty period for every microwave oven is one year and make sure you have one.
- Design & Extra Feature – Some microwave ovens have additional features like trays, turntables, moisture sensors which are an added advantage for you. Nowadays, in microwave who can easily view your food while cooking. Such window design feature is famous in market.
If you are looking to buy microwave oven then go through these points and make a fair decision according to your requirements and suitability. In market there are lots of option to go through and make a choice. Many different brands with some peculiar functionality and features are present. But the best choice is made when you know what you really want. Here is the list of some of the best microwave ovens available in India with best choices.
IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (17PM MEC 1, White)
Features of IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (17PM MEC 1, White)
5 Power Levels
Ensure optimum heating for your food with the flexibility of 5 Power Levels. Use them to vary the heating efficiency of your microwave according to your dish so that overcooking is out of question.
Simply set the time to defrost frozen food and save up on time and effort to do so otherwise.
Control the power output and various protection devices in your microwave using the Electromechanical Timer. Stay safe while you operate an IFB Microwave.
3 Auto Cook
Explore new flavours and cuisines from the comfort of your home. Enter the weight and leave the rest to the Auto Cook feature.
A 3-year Warranty on Magnetron and Cavity means that you don’t have to worry about your microwave oven for a long time to come.
Samsung 20 L Solo Microwave Oven MW73AD-B/XTL Review
Features of Samsung 20 L Solo Microwave Oven (MW73AD-B/XTL, Black)
- The door screen is wide and the white exterior is simple and combition is styling with minimal look, moreover, the blue LCD panel adds fashionability
- Eco button enables you to save the standby power up to 40 percent i.e. just push and save the money, the power and the earth
- Rapid defrost feature lets you defrost frozen foods quickly and evenly, returning foods to their fresh, pre-frozen state and paving the way for a delicious dinner
- The slim size exterior takes up less space, thus is in harmony with every kitchen interior
- Wipe the cavity round because the inner cavity has no corner, cleaning is very easy with no spots left
- Triple Distribution System: TDS cooks every part of the food evenly with an aperture antenna as well as 2 additional slot antennas ensuring wide distribution of waves
- Child safety lock
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Input Power: 1150 Watts, Output Power: 800 Watts.; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Includes: 1 Turn Table and 1 Grill Rack
- Power: 1150 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
Morphy Richards 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (23MCG, Black)
Features of Morphy Richards 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (23MCG, Black)
- 23 litres capacity and mirror glass door
- Varied convection cooking
- Brand does NOT provide starter kit with this product
- Warranty : 2 year comprehensive warranty on product
- Combination cooking (Convection, micro and grill)
- Stainless steel cavity and child lock
- 10 auto cook options and 5 power levels
- Overheat and sensory protection
- Defrost function
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power Consumption: Microwave 1300 watts and Grill 1200 watts; Power output: 800 watts
- Includes: Convection microwave oven, Baking plate, Wire rack, Instruction manual, Customer care list and Warranty card
IFB 25 L Convection Microwave Oven (25SC4, Metallic Silver)
Features of IFB 25 L Convection Microwave Oven (25SC4, Metallic Silver)
- Stainless steel cavity and LED display
- Clock with timer option, 10 power levels and temperature settings
- Combi-Tec: 2 – (Grill + Microwave) and 4 – (Convection + Microwave)
- Weight defrost, steam clean and multi-stage cooking
- 26 auto cook menus, express cooking and auto reheat
- Deodorize, cooling feature and keep warm
- Sensor malfunction protection, over heating protection and child safety lock
- Warranty: 1 year on product and 3 years on magnetron and cavity
- Power: Microwave: 1400 watts, Convection: 2200 watts and Grill: 1000 watts
- Operating Voltage: 230 volts
- Installation and Demo: Free installation and demo will be provided by the brand for the microwave oven. For scheduling an installation/demo, please contact IFB customer care at -1860 425 5678 (BSNL and MTNL users) or 1800 3000 5678 (all other users)
LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC2846BV, Black)
Features of LG 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC2846BV, Black)
LG gives you the best motivation to have your fantasy kitchen. With LG microwave oven, you can cook everything with only one touch.
Experience uniform cooking with world’s 1st Active Convection Microwave Oven range by LG. It has a host of innovative features that make it outstanding, including two top and two rear heaters, adjustable convection fan speed and the grill heat features that lets you save energy as well.
Stainless Steel Cavity
More Hygienic. More Durable
Stainless Steel Cavity enables better reflection and uniformity of heating inside the cavity for better even cooking. This cavity does not peel off like in coated cavities wherein the continuous rubbing of the turntable deteriorates and eventually peels off the coating exposing the base material.
Dish Out Surprises Everyday
Surprise your loved ones by serving dishes from a wide choice of world cuisines with the revolutionary auto cook menu that comes with preset cooking time and temperature. Just select the dish you want to cook, enter weight and press ‘Start’ to have something new on the dining table, every day. It now comes with new Indian regional recipes too. Full of taste and health, every dish promises to be a fulfilling experience and a surprise for everyone.
Concealed Heating. Safer Cooking
The concealed heater in the new LG Microwave Oven eliminates the risk of any form of hand injury and thus makes your oven absolutely safe for cooking. It is not only faster but also safer to use and gives you an advantage of making large portions in one go.
Get a taste of authentic Indian recipies with the latest range of LG Microwave Ovens. The first microwave oven in India to offer you four recipies that are both effortless and cost effective at the same time.
Health Plus Menu
Comes with variety of autocook menu specially designed for health and calorie conscious people.